Storage Spaces Direct with the CSV in-memory read cache
- Storage Spaces Direct is compatible with the Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) in-memory read cache. Using system memory to cache reads can significantly improve performance for applications like Hyper-V, which uses unbuffered I/O to access VHD or VHDX files.
- Because the in-memory cache is server-local, it improves data locality for hyper-converged Storage Spaces Direct deployments:
Configuring the in-memory read cache
- To see how much memory is being used for CSV in-memory read cache
- (Get-Cluster).BlockCacheSize = 2048
- To change how much memory MB