Exchange Server 2013 delivers a number of new features as well as improvements for the mail services.
- Reduction in server roles from five to three; Client Access server, Mailbox server, and Edge Transport server.
- New streamlined Outlook 2013 and Outlook Web App user interfaces, and offline access for OWA.
- All administration is performed using the new web-based Exchange Administration Center and the Exchange Management Shell (using PowerShell 3.0).
- Improvements to high availability features and manageability.
- Public folders are now stored in mailbox databases and can take advantage of Database Availability Groups for replication and high availability.
- Data loss prevention capabilities that can be integrated into Transport Rules
Exchange Server 2013 is available as a trial download so that you can install and try it yourself.
- Download Exchange Server 2013 from Microsoft
- Installing Exchange Server 2013 Pre-Requisites on Windows Server 2012-2012R2
- Install Exchange Server 2013 – Mailbox and Client Access
- Installing an Exchange Server 2013 Edge Transport Server